Brand Corporate Identity- Project 1A

Brand Corporate Identity - Project 1A
14/04/20 - 21/04/20 (Week 1 - Week 2)
Sia Man Sheng
0333877

LECTURE NOTES

Lecture 01: Module Briefing and Introduction
14/04/20 - week 01

In this class, we were given a project introduction regarding Project 1A, Project 1B and Project 2. Moreover, Miss Low also told us what she expects from us on our e-portfolio, in which all post should be labelled and dated accordingly. She encourages us to write down feedback, reflections and find articles in both on/ offline sources, read and review it.

Project 1A: Prepare a presentation based on
  • What is brand?
  • What is brand identity?
  • What is branding?
Define the subjects that we are learning and research a well-established brand as a case study that we believe in their product/ services.

Lecture Slide 1

Miss Low then shares the video "Logorama" by Marc Altshuler with us. The video and story are made up of logos, with the interesting interaction between different logos. I like the way the author makes the logos come to live. Next, there is a second video to let us watch it on our own. It is an introduction on the wordmark logo, pictorial logo and abstract iconography logo as well as what considerations should be taken in order to develop an effective logo.

Video 1: Logorama by Marc Altshuler


Video 2: What makes a truly great logo by Vox

INSTRUCTIONS



Presentation Slide





FEEDBACK

Week 02
21/04/20

Individual Feedback: 
For task 1A, presentation is quite complete and concise, although the brand selected for the case study is quite new, hence there is not much to talk about on the evolution and development. Oppositely, I have enough applications of the selected case study to support the content.


REFLECTION

Experience :

The instruction for this project is very clear. I was thinking to make a good presentation with all my effort in as this is the first presentation in this semester.  But I started of with the logo scrapbook, which is the other presentation for this module that is ongoing at the same time, and I eventually spend too much time and effort on that. Hence, the first part of this presentation I didn't push to my maximum. The second part is fine as I kept on researching this brand "Haidilao" and collecting their information before the semester starts.

Observation :

I realized there is not much information about the history of "Haidilao" as it is quite a new brand and most of the information are in Chinese, which makes me even more difficult to find other relevant articles in English. But the good thing is that I could compare with both sides of articles and this actually deepen my understanding towards the brand. In addition, for the presentation, I wasn't feeling really well so I think I could have done a better presentation and push my self to gain more information and control the audience while presenting.

Findings : 

From this project, I learned that we need to be able to control our audience while presenting. Moreover, I should plans well on things to do, which more important should come first but not let the interest to drive me to work on the less important project at this time. Time management also is a concern in this semester as thee amount of workload has increased incredibly when compare to last semester.

FURTHER READING


Ultimate Logos Designers by Monsa

The back of this book states that creating a logo is always a process and it is always the result of reason and emotion. In the contents of this book, you will find many different logos and its application, along with the brand and a description of what it's about. I found this book to be interesting to look through. I'm always up for gaining more inspiration, and maybe this book can spark some inspiration.

Here are some images of my favourite spreads of the book:








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography- Exercises

Interactive Design: Landing Page Design/ Project 1

Publishing Design - Final Project