Project 2A & 2B/ Creative Brand Strategy


 14.09.20 - 02.11.20

week 4 - week 10
Sia Man Sheng | 0333877
Creative Brand Strategy
Project 2A & 2B


Instruction


For project 2, it is separated into 2 sections:
Project 2A: Ideation
Project 2B: Creative Brief


Project 2A

For Project, 2A requires us to collect ideation/mood boards for our choice of event. We need to gather data relevant to our event which would help us to visualize and design our event look and feel. The data will then be transferred into our design execution in the following project.

I am planning to propose a new corporation of RIUH and THE LIGHT FEST, in which the overall feeling will leaning towards warm and excitement. Hence, I started to research on the past events of RIUH and try to have a similar look style to fit into RIUH. 

Below is my presentation slides (including 80 images mood board):




Project 2A

For Project 2B, we were tasked to propose our event details, such as the brand name, brand story, brand values, and what the event features. We were also required to look at potential event locations and what our nearest competitors are doing. The project helps us in building a solid foundation for our event so it is executable in the real industry. 

For my projects, I looked into how RIUH has organized their events and how THE LIGHT FEST is planning out their events, once I found out their own strength and weaknesses, I need to find a way to utilize strength from both sides to solve their own weaknesses.

Below is my final presentation slides :




Reflection


Experience
I had a very hard time figuring out what event I should go with as I wasn't sure what was a better option, It was also struggling to come up with the whole brand identity, event content because I need to always refer back to the RIUH and I do not want to have a style that look totally different from them. What I have observed is that RIUH really like heavily illustrated direction, which is what I like as well and I want to go for this.

Observation
I observed that a SWOT analysis greatly benefits a brand as it helps the brand to identify places where they can further improve on or an opportunity they can take on.

Findings
Through this project, I understood how hard it is to plan an event and how a lot of thought process was put into it. It also made me understand the requirements that are needed for an event and what needs to be looked into


Further Reading

Developing Your Event Strategy

This website discusses event strategies, including marketing funnel, sponsorship and hosting, target audience, event teams, etc. I'm gonna highlight the sponsorship and hosting an event because it gave me a new understanding and am now aware of the advantages and disadvantages of both types.

The first one for sponsoring events.
Advantages: Get brand exposure to a new audience, less manpower at a lower price point, no need to handle major aspects (venue, itinerary, logistics, etc)

Disadvantages: Losing control of the branding, features, and entire experience. Needs to work harder and think of smarter ways for better ROI (Return on Investment)


The second one is for hosting our own events.
Advantages: We got the chance to tailor based on whatever goals we want to achieve, more control of the event, target audience, and full brand experience

Disadvantages: More time and manpower needed, higher cost needed, unless if offering partnerships and sponsorships.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Advanced Typography- Exercises

Interactive Design: Landing Page Design/ Project 1

Publishing Design - Final Project